amature alk dosing

Reef257

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all
Hope all are doing good !

I have been dosing 8 ML of redsea alk liquid . Its almost over .I have purchased 1 kg of red sea alk powder. And unble to do the math .

Could you please help me out . How much powder I should use to get the equivalent to 8 ml dosing per day .
Please guide me

1 I manually does daily ,how much powered would I need .

2 il be getting a dosing pump in 2 week .how much should I mix and keep for week .

Sorry for the trouble. I'm really bad at maths.

Screenshot_20210119-190629_Chrome.jpg

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not familiar with the product but I believe I can help with the math. It should be 8÷(.33÷.1) which would give you basically 2.42 grams of powder to be equal to 8 ml of liquid.

As for the dosing question you would want to add 7 times that amount, or 16.94 grams to make a weeks worth of solution. The problem with that is that you would have to get every drop of solution out of the container to last a whole week. I would think you would mix up more than a week's worth. Again I'm not familiar with the product but I can't imagine it wouldn't hold for a very long time once mixed. I've dosed 2 part that I had sitting in a bottle for many years and it was still fine.

OP
OP
R

Reef257

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not familiar with the product but I believe I can help with the math. It should be 8÷(.33÷.1) which would give you basically 2.42 grams of powder to be equal to 8 ml of liquid.

As for the dosing question you would want to add 7 times that amount, or 16.94 grams to make a weeks worth of solution. The problem with that is that you would have to get every drop of solution out of the container to last a whole week. I would think you would mix up more than a week's worth. Again I'm not familiar with the product but I can't imagine it wouldn't hold for a very long time once mixed. I've dosed 2 part that I had sitting in a bottle for many years and it was still fine.
Hi Gtinnel
You the best . Thanks for the support. I think i should stick with manual dosing until I get similar with this product. Then try dosing .

Which product do you use .?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You the best . Thanks for the support. I think i should stick with manual dosing until I get similar with this product. Then try dosing .
Currently I'm not dosing anything, I have low demand and my AWC keeps my alk and calcium at appropriate levels. When I've dosed in the past I used Two Little Fishies C Balance, but when I need to start dosing again I'll probably just go with Randy Holmes-Farley's recipe for diy 2 part.

If you make 10liters of solution using the 1kilo gram of powder (as suggested in the picture you posted) then if my maths right you would need to dose 24.2 ml per day. If 10 liters contains 1000 grams of powder then each liter is 100grams of powder. Since you want 2.42 grams of powder per day you would need to use 2.42% of a liter of liquid per day, which would be 24.2ml. You may want to have someone check my math on this part but I'm pretty confident it's right.

Hopefully this helps and doesn't make it more confusing.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back