Amazing Goni recovery

crazyfishmom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2023
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
4,785
Location
North Andover
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have this wild harvested Goni colony that was completely maroon when I got it. It’s always done well in my tank, this thing is so solid that it survived my first tank crash back when I was using tap water and my phosphates were 5 on API test kits because the Hanna just screamed at me.

At any rate, it was stung a month or so ago and all but a third of it became completely white like you see at the bottom. It never lost tissue so I just moved it far away from the torch that stung it and let it be. The left half has been coloring up and extending beautifully and the bottom which I thought was completely gone is starting to extend and I’m starting to see some color again. Did not think that would happen at all. So now it looks like three different gonis, the dark maroon on the right, the lighter reddish maroon on the left and the white at the bottom. I’m sure they’ll all end up the same color over time but just amazed at how resilient this thing is!

IMG_1181.jpeg


Any survival stories out there you want to share!!?
 
That's amazing, I wish my Gonipora could recover. I accidently put way too much flow on it which caused its flesh to rip. It went downhill from there. It has a couple polyps left but I don't think it will survive.
 
They are interesting coral. Sometimes I think I breathe and they get mad at me and then there’s old faithful here. Definitely surprising!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new