American Aquariums

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not know that. It's kind of silly when we have to calculate salt, sand, rock and livestock based on gallons.
But, as I said... so far the communication has been great. I am really looking forward to the new build.

I agree 110% it's definitely a silly way of doing things when we base virtually every decision from equipment to livestock based off our actual water volume. I feel that manufacturers think that because everyone adds sand and rocks anyway which can cut 10-20 gallons of volume off the total system anyway and that will vary from setup to setup, that going from outside dimensions is just easier.

Regardless, I hope you love your new tank either way! If you have the time, when you do receive the tank I would appreciate if you would throw a review of it in the thread below....

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"If you have the time, when you do receive the tank I would appreciate if you would throw a review of it in the thread below...."
Happy to. I'm looking forward to the experience. I've always pieced things together from what came my way. I'm blessed to have a husband that encouraged me to get the custom tank. Now, if only we can figure out how to move it.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"If you have the time, when you do receive the tank I would appreciate if you would throw a review of it in the thread below...."
Happy to. I'm looking forward to the experience. I've always pieced things together from what came my way. I'm blessed to have a husband that encouraged me to get the custom tank. Now, if only we can figure out how to move it.

Thank you! Going custom can definitely be an exciting experience! I might have missed it but if your tank is acrylic the two of you could probably handle it with little difficulty. Glass on the other hand, you're definitely going to want a few extra hands, as much as you can muster. Carts/dollys are your best friend here as well. Can't wait to see a build thread pop up if you don't already have one!

Roachbeef19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not know that. It's kind of silly when we have to calculate salt, sand, rock and livestock based on gallons.
But, as I said... so far the communication has been great. I am really looking forward to the new build.
Yes Adam is great at answering questions and making it exactly how u want it. The crate it comes in is the best packing I've ever received you will be happy!!!!! Congrats!!!!

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes Adam is great at answering questions and making it exactly how u want it. The crate it comes in is the best packing I've ever received you will be happy!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Mine is about to ship from them.Have to agree with everyone Adam really is a nice guy and super helpful.

colsoh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am about to order my tank from American Aquariums. Can I get an updates from you guys on how American Aquariums tanks were holding up for you after couple of years setting them up?

bluecheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am about to order my tank from American Aquariums. Can I get an updates from you guys on how American Aquariums tanks were holding up for you after couple of years setting them up?

I received the tank January of 21. Finally set the tank up in August of 21. No serious problems thus far. One issue I had was one weir sits higher than the other, so it was kind of a pain to balance out both overflows. But it hasn't been an issue once I got it figured out.

colsoh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received the tank January of 21. Finally set the tank up in August of 21. No serious problems thus far. One issue I had was one weir sits higher than the other, so it was kind of a pain to balance out both overflows. But it hasn't been an issue once I got it figured out.
Good to hear. How big is your tank? Are all the seams (including ones on the top/bottom) completely clear? You have it setup on wood or metal stand? Any pictures to share?

bluecheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear. How big is your tank? Are all the seams (including ones on the top/bottom) completely clear? You have it setup on wood or metal stand? Any pictures to share?
It’s around 125 gallons. Seems are ok, but I’m not familiar enough with acrylic construction to know clear they’re supposed to be.
Our tank sits on a custom bookcase in our office. It is viewable from two sides.

This is before putting water in the tank
3930F556-A742-4E6B-81B7-CD26C0ADB63C.jpeg

This is a more recent picture

29BD2B96-09CD-497D-AD86-B74C1EC73EDE.jpeg

dhavalsp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on the tanks from American aquarium? Any crazing ? Any yellowing? I ordered from them recently - now the 12 weeks wait has begun, seems forever!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 87 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back