American Marine Pinpoint Salinity checker

reefmaster70

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2025
Messages
998
Reaction score
473
Location
SW Wisconsin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I Have an American Marine Pinpoint Salinity checker that I keep out with my saltwater mixing station. over the last year while using it, it has always been spot on with my Refractometer, and I would calibrate my refractometer often, just to make sure they were always good. Well the battery finally died in my Pinpoint, so I put in a new 9 volt and powered it up, and it was then over 14 points high, compared to my refractometer. My refractometer read 1.021 or 44.1 on the pinpoint., but my pinpoint was reading over 58 salinity mS with the new battery. So I guess my question is, do these monitors need recalibrating after taking out a dead battery and installing new? I was surprised to see how far off it was, and had to recalibrate it.

Thanks for any help
 
Just checked the instructions and they say to calibrate it occasionally whatever that means. Maybe it means after the battery is replaced lol. Instructions do say to calibrate it immediately after installing the battery so I guess replacing it could be the same as installing the battery since power has been interrupted.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new