Amino Acid Question

njreefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for any amino acid aficionados:

Might want to start dabbling in some Amino Acid dosing (thinking about using Acropower) and wanted to get people’s feedback as to whether it’s better to dose the minimum weekly dosage once per week or break up that minimum dose over 7 days.

Appreciate any feedback.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Question for any amino acid aficionados:

Might want to start dabbling in some Amino Acid dosing (thinking about using Acropower) and wanted to get people’s feedback as to whether it’s better to dose the minimum weekly dosage once per week or break up that minimum dose over 7 days.

Appreciate any feedback.
I dose at once per week and although I like acropower, I have better results with Seachem Fuel

OP
OP
njreefkeeper

njreefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose at once per week and although I like acropower, I have better results with Seachem Fuel
Thanks! I’ve heard people claim that Fuel has a larger affect on phosphate than Acropower. Have you found that to be the case? My
acros are in the recently encrusted frag stage right now so not quite colonies. I’d adjust dosages accordingly.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks! I’ve heard people claim that Fuel has a larger affect on phosphate than Acropower. Have you found that to be the case? My
acros are in the recently encrusted frag stage right now so not quite colonies. I’d adjust dosages accordingly.
If you do regular water changes…. Po4 should be under control
I run chemipure elite so phosphate fir me not not much of an issue

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose aminos regularly and haven't really seen anything negative from it. My stuff is happy and growing fast so it could very well be a crucial component but who knows. I'm sure they do help, but to what extent no clue.
I dose about every two or three days. I put it in my coral food when I feed at night for the most part, sometimes adding directly to the tank.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I dose aminos regularly and haven't really seen anything negative from it. My stuff is happy and growing fast so it could very well be a crucial component but who knows. I'm sure they do help, but to what extent no clue.
I dose about every two or three days. I put it in my coral food when I feed at night for the most part, sometimes adding directly to the tank.
Same here

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose both AcroPower and ME Polyp Extender via a doser.

I also dose AB+ and AV Fuel once or twice per week by hand, since those need to be kept refrigerated.
The Acropower and Polyp Extender don't need to be refrigerated so I have them on a doser, dosing small amounts every hour. corals seem to love it and now I don't need to dose nitrates directly to keep them from bottoming out completely.

Back