Amino acids

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone DOS or add Amon Acid. I have needed really added any in the past. But Just read an article and seems to help coral growth and color. Must admit I know very little on the topic but if worth while would give it a try. Also looking for recommendations on what product to use.

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I dose both amino acids and carbohydrates. The color and growth really improved for all of my corals once the dosing regimen had been in place for about a month.

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you dosing the recommended amount and were you dosing everyday?
I'm probably not doing neither. LOL. I dose the aminos/carbs 10 mL twice a week for my 125 gallon system. I dose trace elements 20 mL every other week. I've been doing it that way since the beginning. I'm considering adding a dosing pump, but I haven't done that yet mostly because I would need another pump that has five heads to complete it all. I already have a 4-head pump in my sump cabinet and little spare room.

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just starting to dose amino acids ,, I read yesterday where some have said it was causing a algae problem in their tanks, had me thinking I should dose less than the recommend dosage and maybe not dose everyday ,, not sure what I should do ,, yesterday would have been my 5th day ,, I skipped the dose ,,

This is just off the top of my head ,, I only know what the directions on the bottle say :) I am not sure using a dosing pump would be best for amino acids ,, it says to turn your skimmer off for a bit while dosing ,, I guess you could put the skimmer on a timer or use a apex ,,

OP
OP
A

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you actually turn off protein skimmer or just add. I don’t like turning pumps off as generally it leads to problem in the long run

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back