Ammo

cornwallace23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could use your advice folks. My Corals were ok for weeks. Now the Duncan is losing skin on stem. My Zoa’s are closed. And lost my Xenia. My 2 other softy’s are doing well. Fingers crossed all fish doing good except for the watchman who lost his pistol buddy.....fish all look and act normal.

-suffered a spike in temp for a few hours to 81. Got it reduced within a few hours.
-Then quick .50 ammonia spike right after.
-Found dead pistol under the rock. Removed him and Completed 50% water change on Sunday.

Current Parameters
Salinity 1.025
Temp 78-79
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20+
Calcium 400-440
dKh 120ish
GH 750

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could use your advice folks. My Corals were ok for weeks. Now the Duncan is losing skin on stem. My Zoa’s are closed. And lost my Xenia. My 2 other softy’s are doing well. Fingers crossed all fish doing good except for the watchman who lost his pistol buddy.....fish all look and act normal.

-suffered a spike in temp for a few hours to 81. Got it reduced within a few hours.
-Then quick .50 ammonia spike right after.
-Found dead pistol under the rock. Removed him and Completed 50% water change on Sunday.

Current Parameters
Salinity 1.025
Temp 78-79
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20+
Calcium 400-440
dKh 120ish
GH 750

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

This section is for fish disease issues, but I think folks here will take a stab at what's going on.

The 0.50 spike in ammonia is worrisome, and why is it zero now? The dead pistol shrimp wouldn't have enough biomass to cause that.

Could the dying Xenia have set off a cascade event that is harming the other corals?

Frequent 25% water changes would be in order I think, to try and correct what seems to be a water quality issue. Activated carbon might also be helpful in removing some organic compounds given off by the Xenia.

Jay

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 43 43.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 48 49.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 7.1%
Back