Ammonia Badge Usage

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RSR 750 XXL is fully stocked and everything went through QT. I spent a small fortune on Ammonia Badges since I replaced them after every QT because I thought rinsing them with all the other equipment in vinegar and or bleach would render them useless, (not sure if that is true or not...).

I am now stocking a 45 gallon FOWLR Tank and decided to go with all fish from Divers Den and do the TTM with PraziPro and General Cure with Focus in the food. That being said, since I will be going through so many tanks and cleaning them between transfers, I am thinking that I will be spending a lot more on Ammonia Badges. I figured I would ask if it is essential to replace them or if there is a way to clean/sanitize them without making them useless?

Please let me know how you handle Ammonia Badges during QT and if I should continue to just replace them or not.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RSR 750 XXL is fully stocked and everything went through QT. I spent a small fortune on Ammonia Badges since I replaced them after every QT because I thought einsing them with all the other equipment in vinegar and or bleach would render them useless, (not sure if that is true or not...).

I am now stocking a 45 gallon FOWLR Tank and decided to go with all fish from Divers Den and do the TTM with PraziPro and General Cure with Focus in the food. That being said, since I will be going through so many tanks and cleaning them between transfers, I am thinking that I will be spending a lot more on Ammonia Badges. I figured I would ask if it is essential to replace them or if there is a way to clean/sanitize them without making them useless?

Please let me know how you handle Ammonia Badges during QT and if I should continue to just replace them or not.

The instructions mentioned not to touch Center disc. So very sensitive. Buy as you need. Ebay one source for price breaks and free shipping. I buy mine there

OP
OP
Marco S

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The instructions mentioned not to touch Center disc. So very sensitive. Buy as you need. Ebay one source for price breaks and free shipping. I buy mine there
I didn't think of Ebay, I have just been paying $20 a badge at PetSmart since it's right down the road. Doing TTM it will be around $80 each round of QT! That's crazy for just Ammonia Badges. :(

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't think of Ebay, I have just been paying $20 a badge at PetSmart since it's right down the road. Doing TTM it will be around $80 each round of QT! That's crazy for just Ammonia Badges. :(
I think 6
$6 ea. And ship to your door free

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RSR 750 XXL is fully stocked and everything went through QT. I spent a small fortune on Ammonia Badges since I replaced them after every QT because I thought rinsing them with all the other equipment in vinegar and or bleach would render them useless, (not sure if that is true or not...).

I keep mine in a small Tupperware container with RODI water when it’s out of my QT tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back