Ammonia level

Not an IT guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely learning that :(
One piece of advice is research what you want first. I’ll give you an example. I put my six line wrasse and any time I put a new fish, it goes berserk. Needless I haven’t put any new fish for a while and currently trying to trap it. I should have put the wrasse in last in line. But live and learn. And don’t worry. That’s why we are all here. Just ask.

OP
OP
harlie_baby

harlie_baby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One piece of advice is research what you want first. I’ll give you an example. I put my six line wrasse and any time I put a new fish, it goes berserk. Needless I haven’t put any new fish for a while and currently trying to trap it. I should have put the wrasse in last in line. But live and learn. And don’t worry. That’s why we are all here. Just ask.
Thank you

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like lemonade.

jokes aside, how olds your tank? you might be ready for fish
We have had him a week and a half. The tank has been running 5 months and had fish in it for 4 months. He didn't eat yesterday or this morning. I called the fish store waiting on a call back.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the api saltwater master test kit. Which one is better?

The copperband is thin and is breathing too fast (mouth agape). I presume it isn't eating?

How long have you had it?
Has it been dosed with praziquantel?

Jay

OP
OP
harlie_baby

harlie_baby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The copperband is thin and is breathing too fast (mouth agape). I presume it isn't eating?

How long have you had it?
Has it been dosed with praziquantel?

Jay
We have had him a week and half. He hasn't been treated with that. Where can I get it?

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ammonia is ok. You have to start quarantining your new fish. IE separate tank. Have to drip acclimate ,not just drop in. and treat as necessary

OP
OP
harlie_baby

harlie_baby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your fish store would likely have it. You could order it online, but I wouldn't want to wait that long. Prazi can be dosed directly into the display tank.
We have had him a week and half. He hasn't been treated with that. Where can I get it?
We just gave him a dose. Now we wait and hope he will be ok

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Was the fish quarantined prior to adding it to your tank? I don't see anything that resembles ich, velvet or Brook....... the fast respiration rate combined with the not eating can mean flukes. I'm going to tag the #fishmedic to see if they can look at your video and info about your tank to lead you towards the right course of action.
I agree with what everyone else said (except about the API test - which if done correctly - In my experience works just fine) - but just my opinion.

One quick comment though - that I didn't see mentioned - if you're going to put it into a hospital/QT tank - I would tend to treat the rest of your fish as well - but certainly watch the others very carefully or any illness. Best of luck - and keep us up to date:)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 99 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.9%
Back