Ammonia nitrite and nitrate spikes

  • Thread starter Thread starter aky1220
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I guess you’ve stirred up a lot of crap which may be messing with your tests. Has your canister got a temp controller/ heater setup. Your corals seem irritated by something, activated carbon could help.
I stirred up the water early last week when mu power head decided it want to fall off the suction thing and i just did a water change yesterday as i regularly do
 
I stirred up the water early last week when mu power head decided it want to fall off the suction thing and i just did a water change yesterday as i regularly do
Yeah, that could do it. You got some fresh saltwater to do another water change? A big one?
 
Yeah, that could do it. You got some fresh saltwater to do another water change? A big one?
I have enough to do about a 5 gallons and this tank is 15 so almost exactly a third? Is that big enough? I did i pretty big one yesterday around 6-7 gallons
 
I have enough to do about a 5 gallons and this tank is 15 so almost exactly a third? Is that big enough? I did i pretty big one yesterday around 6-7 gallons
I would, just to remove some of the dissolved gunk as it looks like you haven’t another method to get rid of it on hand. 30% is better than nowt in my book. Make sure it’s heated first though. Them suction cups are crap in saltwater. I used to cable tie mine to DIY acrylic brackets, then I discovered magnetism LOL.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new