Ammonia problem in copper QT

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
I'm treating about 7 fish in my 20g for ich/velvet. I'm pretty sure its just ich. Its a big bioload for the tank, and I'm having issues feeding enough/too much as my blue tang starting to show a tiny amount of HLLE.

I'm going fallow in my QT. Can I add some rock from my display for the bacteria? Will this affect the 2 week time for the copper treatment? I'm transferring to a sterile tank after the 14 day treatment.

I'm currently on day 5, and I've been having to change a good bit of water every 2-3 days, and I'm using a ton of copper safe.

What should I do? I'm using ammonia alert badge.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are asking to add rocks in a tank treated with copper - that should be fine.
do you have Hanna copper checker? Test copper a few times after adding rocks just in case to avoid adsorption. What is your copper at?

You can also dose Prime to detoxify ammonia while your biofilter kicks in.

OP
OP
K

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
If you are asking to add rocks in a tank treated with copper - that should be fine.
do you have Hanna copper checker? Test copper a few times after adding rocks just in case to avoid adsorption. What is your copper at?

You can also dose Prime to detoxify ammonia while your biofilter kicks in.
I'm asking about add potentially ich/velvet encysted LR to a copper treated tank. Would it make me reset the 14 day clock. Currently, it is at 2.02.

I order some copper power and prime, and may try it since Humblefish said it would work. I currently only have coppersafe with amquel.

Humblefish didn't say the safety of prime/amquel with coppersafe, even though both are chelated so I'm going to switch. The dosage concentration of coppersafe hasn't been very accurate, so it will help with switching too

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back