Amonium?

Bling4Drift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends. A am new in reef aquariums. I have a question. It's already been 10 days since I started the aquarium. There is a shrimp in the aquarium for 8 days, where it has already started to decompose. But still the ammonium test shows no ammonia. At the start of the aquarium, I used aquaforest live sands. I do not use other bacteria. What could be the reason? Or just have to wait?

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends. A am new in reef aquariums. I have a question. It's already been 10 days since I started the aquarium. There is a shrimp in the aquarium for 8 days, where it has already started to decompose. But still the ammonium test shows no ammonia. At the start of the aquarium, I used aquaforest live sands. I do not use other bacteria. What could be the reason? Or just have to wait?
Not familiar with that sand. How about nitrite or nitrate? Silly high nitrate is actually an indication that nitrite is present. Their presence can suggest that ammonia is indeed being processed most times, as long as you haven’t made the saltwater with tapwater.
You got a pic of the tank?

OP
OP
B

Bling4Drift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not familiar with that sand. How about nitrite or nitrate? Silly high nitrate is actually an indication that nitrite is present. Their presence can suggest that ammonia is indeed being processed most times, as long as you haven’t made the saltwater with tapwater.
NITRATE is showing zero. Nitrite tests i dont have. Maybe i will buy it.

OP
OP
B

Bling4Drift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NITRATE is showing zero. Nitrite tests i dont have. Maybe i will buy it.
IMG_20231103_130244.jpg

OP
OP
B

Bling4Drift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwater made with RODI water.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup. I wouldn’t bother buying it if you haven’t got it already. You can use your nitrate test as an indicator. When nitrite is produced, nitrate readings should rise sharply then as nitrite is converted the nitrate level should drop. It is the rise that’s important as this indicates ammonia is being converted (along with your ammonia kit) Are those rocks in the bottom just spare rocks from your aqua scape or from an old tank? It looks green down there, maybe just the light or algae?

Edit - this stuff?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bling4Drift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup. I wouldn’t bother buying it if you haven’t got it already. You can use your nitrate test as an indicator. When nitrite is produced, nitrate readings should rise sharply then as nitrite is converted the nitrate level should drop. It is the rise that’s important as this indicates ammonia is being converted (along with your ammonia kit) Are those rocks in the bottom just spare rocks from your aqua scape or from an old tank? It looks green down there, maybe just the light or algae?

Edit - this stuff?

Yes. That rocks are spare rocks. And thats light. They are in same color like aquascape.
And yes. That product

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back