Amphidinium predator discovery

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was messing with the scope yesterday, trying to figure out if I have some kind of acro parasite. Amazing what is living in a sample of visually clear water at (I think) 1000X.
I missed this earlier. That's what brown jelly looks like under a microscope. Browse the pics and vids in this thread for more. How did your corals fare?

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed this earlier. That's what brown jelly looks like under a microscope. Browse the pics and vids in this thread for more. How did your corals fare?
Dude, you sure know your aquarium pests. Agreed BJD. It isn't really bothering my acropora much that I can tell -- although that came off of a struggling frag. At least it was not visible on the frag. I was just sampling the otherwise clear dip water.

My connected LPS tank has some visible BJD after I sawed up a bunch of overgrown LPS. Been dipping in Lugols but not keeping up. How do you solve for BJD? Is it a common problem for acropora? Come to think of it, I've had several things struggle after the saw. hmmmmm

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back