Amphipods and/or isopods

derek12261984

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The biodiversity in my tank is definitely exploding! I’m not sure what these little guys are, but I am guessing some sort of amphipod or isopod (maybe a munid iso?) they don’t seem to be hurting anything or eating any of my corals, but they are severely ticking off a few of my Zoa frags. I’ve had to move a few to different locations because that rock seems to be covered.

I just picked up a six line and spotted mandarin to take down their population, but it’s going to take them a while. Has anyone had trouble with these as it pertains to their zoas? Also any other ideas on another fish that can help keep them in check? I’ve got a 55g long, with 2 clowns, a small mandarin and a 6 line. Thanks in advance for the help! IMG_9830.jpeg

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added 2000 amphiopods…..but I have a mandarin and a YCW.

They are beneficial for your tank….

I couldn’t see your video.

I wish I had isopods I just have copepods.

But in general these critters help your tank. Now that you’ve added a mandarin you definitely don’t want the population to dwindle too far.

I randomly add more copepods. I dose phyto every night (or when I remember) this helps the population as well as being great for all the filter feeders

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 73 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.6%
Back