Amphipods as acro pests???

AaronFReef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2018
Messages
820
Reaction score
617
Location
Monterey, California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there amphipods that prey on acropora? I have a boat load of amphipods that are in my tank all day long and especially at night. Lately I've been having STN on my walt Disney large colony and now on my CBB maleficent. The only "pests" I've been able to identify through dipping, microscopy, and long inspection and testing (ICP and all) is that I have amphipods and copious but small vermetids snails.

I'm beginning to believe the vermetids are killing it across off though I never saw any near my walt Disney. But I want to rule out that the amphipods could be pests at all or not. Thoughts on amphipods as a coral predator?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new