an ideal seahorse aquarium

I hate that I missed this. Is the horse OK? In those pictures, there is something wrong with his tail. Has he hitched at all? If he's hitched, is the tip of his tail also tightly grasp, or is he holding it out like it was tender? Is the tip white or light at all? If there is something you don't understand with my questions, let me know and I'll reword it.

EDIT: I keep saying "him", but I believe it's a girl. Can't tell for sure because of the gorg in front. From now on I'll say "she".
Hi friend, my horse die yesterday
 
Oh MAN! That's not what I was hoping for. She was very sick in those pictures. I don't think you could have saved her. I'm sorry. :-(
 
Bummer!! Do you plan on trying again? If you do, we can try to help give you some tips so that you can be more successful. :)
 
Awesome! We''ll be here to help you on your way. :)
 
I noticed in the first photo that was posted, there's a power head in the tank.

You don't want a power head in the tank do you?



Allen
 
I'm not sure what killed the first one, but it's important to try to figure it out so it doesn't happen to your next ones. Also, they don't do well alone. They really like to be in groups. No bubble makers. I got an underwater filter for mine and a HOB refugium with algae and pods in it and a protein skimmer, which I think is almost a necessity. How long did your tank cycle? Do you know what your water parameters are? The best info is to go to: http://www.seahorse.com
They have great information there....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new