An old school acro with some old school gear

  • Thread starter Thread starter acro-ed
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

acro-ed

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2011
Messages
604
Reaction score
921
Location
Ocala, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
4   0   0


What’s old is new again.

Here’s a Miami Orchid under a 400w Radium getting pounded by some cheap powerheads in my new frag tank.

I thought I’d post this as an example that you don’t need to overthink things or buy the latest/greatest gear.

Happy reefing!
-Ed
 


What’s old is new again.

Here’s a Miami Orchid under a 400w Radium getting pounded by some cheap powerheads in my new frag tank.

I thought I’d post this as an example that you don’t need to overthink things or buy the latest/greatest gear.

Happy reefing!
-Ed


Very nice colony
 
When I got back into reefing a year ago after a 5-6 year break I was shocked at how little support there is now for MH lights. LED has taken over and the price has not come down over the years. That along with the lack of MH options makes reef keeping a much higher priced hobby to get into than it was 10 years ago.
 


What’s old is new again.

Here’s a Miami Orchid under a 400w Radium getting pounded by some cheap powerheads in my new frag tank.

I thought I’d post this as an example that you don’t need to overthink things or buy the latest/greatest gear.

Happy reefing!
-Ed


Definitely a ton of flow. Looks like more than I get with the expensive gyres.
 
Nice colony. Thanks for sharing
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new