An Update on Furan-2

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I emailed API to find out what the situation is, in short its unavailable but not necessarily discontinued permanently.

"Thank you for contacting API Technical Services.

We have overall been very lucky with our supply chain. However, most of our medications discontinued at the start of 2020, with the start of the pandemic.

Many have been able to come back into production recently, one at a time as we have been able to. We are not producing Furan-2 currently.

We understand the frustration that is caused by not having treatment options available, however we do not have more information at this time. It is our hope that as the pandemic ends and as supply chains stabilize, we will have better and more definitive answers in the future. If there is a “gone for good” decision made, we will let you know.

We do not recommend purchasing medications from persons taking advantage of the scarcity – please partner with available aquatics veterinarians, certainly something else can be had for that price."

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good news. I have a wrasse in furan-2 right now. My 3 boxes all expire 7/23. Hopefully it will be back in production by then, or by the time I run out.
20220222_223224.jpg

20220222_223134.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back