Anacropora and plate not doing well

  • Thread starter Thread starter servus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

servus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2020
Messages
181
Reaction score
147
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
75g, 1 year old, mixed reef with fish, about 20 corals:
- phosphates 0.08
- nitrates <10
- kH 9, Ca 420, Mg 1100 (low, working on it), pH 7.5-7.8, two part dosing
- temperature 76-78F
- clowns, cardinals, chromis, yellow wrasse, cuc
- 2x reefLED 50W running at about 65-75%;

I had the coral for about a month now.
The anacropora is high on the rocks, getting probably about 350-400 par.
The plate was down on the bottom, lower flow, lower light (100par?), fed shrimp every 2-4 days. I tried to feed yesterday, there was some movement around the mouth, but no actual feeding happened. At the moment, plate coral is in a box in the tank, so I can feed without any fish trying to steal it.

If you have any advice, I would appreciate it.


20210127_084603.jpg
20210127_084614.jpg
20210128_094938.jpg
20210128_094949.jpg
 
I'm not sure about the plate, but the anacropora unlike other sps prefers lower light. I have a TNT Anacropora under an overhang. Whenever the branches growout into the open light they burn.
 
I read similar information regarding the anacropora, thank you for confirming. I will move the coral to a less lit position and see how it does.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new