Anacropora Next to Anacropora

  • Thread starter Thread starter JohnNYC8
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JohnNYC8

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2023
Messages
508
Reaction score
458
Location
Central New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I placed two of the same anacropora next to each other will the branches fuse when they touch? I’m thinking of placing two or three Tropicana Anacropora frags next to each other but I don’t know what to expect as they grow out.
 
I don’t think they do. At least in my case. My Thing anacropora is losing the battle against my Miyagi Tort. And the tort is atop of the anacropora.

My two different anacropora did fuse though. It’s possible it’s happening to species specific ones?
 
I also have a JF TNT and Manila Spy. They entangled but didn’t actually fuse. The Manila spy did fuse with the elkhorn Acropora.
 
I also have a JF TNT and Manila Spy. They entangled but didn’t actually fuse. The Manila spy did fuse with the elkhorn Acropora.
Ok cool. I’m going to give it a shot. I guess the worst thing that can happen is I have a true bramble of Tropicana.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new