And people defend the magic eraser

I also will keep using it :-) I only use it to wipe the "easy to remove" algae growth from the glass. I use a new one every week or so...it doesn't even have a chance to break down.
 
1 study and people are already jumping to conclusions. Does this mean that we should take out all of the plastic in our tank including the acrylic walls? On a similar note, I heard about a study this morning that says that butter is not bad for you (really). Doesn't mean that I'm about to have a big glass of buttermilk.
 
Scientists are not clear yet about the long term effect of microplastic ingestion. Corals have evolved to deal with natural participates like detritus and even metals (to an extent), but are corals able to process or expel plastic from their guts? That's the $64,000 question.
I think if the coral can spit out sand it wouldn't have too much problem spitting out plastic. Apparently the scientists are going to hash it all out for us. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new