Andre’s Full blown 300Gallon SPS Reeftank up within a week ;-)

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice brother
Got me scared for a second when I saw the water line so low lol
Lol, no worries. Everything is fine, knock on wood!
Just removed 50% of water and diluted my Barium down to approx 60 microgram/L.
One more and I'm good.

moreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You mentioned a few pages back that too much bacteria is a bad thing. My tank water has become more cloudy over the past few weeks but everything is doing fine. Feels like a stupid question but what can be done to reduce bacteria? Thanks Andre and love your tank

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mentioned a few pages back that too much bacteria is a bad thing. My tank water has become more cloudy over the past few weeks but everything is doing fine. Feels like a stupid question but what can be done to reduce bacteria? Thanks Andre and love your tank
Typically simply reduce what you do that fuels bacteria, such reduce Aminos, high nutrients, reduce carbohydrate sources, reduce feeding, improve filtration and skimmer aeration and degassing. A lot of time it helps already a lot of folks to turn off the skimmer for a minute per day if you do have a common skimmer that is not downdraft or external venturi fed.

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Did a bit of Chiseling work on a few Juggernaut Shrooms I got to harvest monthly, since these ones are doubling in quantity on a monthly basis. Many of the Rubidium dosing guys experience the same with almost every Shroom, Zoa, Torches etc.

Chiseling actually allows to get the Shroom off with the rock material they are attached to, so the look happy asap and being glued with ease to discs. See the fresh chiseled shrooms in the plastic container ;-)

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are killing it! I read you handbook. Thank you for making that available it’s a great read. What CArx media Did you switch to? I’m still running ATI pro essentials, and adding some drops of trace has made a nice difference in my corals.

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are killing it! I read you handbook. Thank you for making that available it’s a great read. What CArx media Did you switch to? I’m still running ATI pro essentials, and adding some drops of trace has made a nice difference in my corals.
I was actually able to get my hands on a couple bags of Reborn again. Hope the product and coral rubble in general comes back to the market. For now I have enough maybe for the next 2-3 years now.

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also took some efforts and harvested a few more of the ORBTA's out, but they still escape from the Pond Plant Basket.
Need to find a better way how to keep them until rehoming......
Mushroombox or even a critter crate from petco with some extra slots to get ome water to flow through might work

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also gave this thing a go, a ZeoVibe reactor filled with Siporax Pond as Biofilter. The Siporax in my Sump always clogs so I'm giving the 300Gallon filtration system some support with this method of applying the Siporax. From experience the Siporax will do quite a good job of reducing No3, but not that good on the Po4 hence I keep the 2 Chaeto Reactors working. Will let it grow for a while before start using the Vibe function.

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

By the way, I keep doing still the biweekly Biodigest bacteria refreshment for my Biology.
Seems the Bio Digest starts to disappear from many vendors shops, so I signed up for retailing this product by myself.

Here you see the PRO vials which is quite a lot. When dumping this into the tank, the few Cyano spots I occasionally see are gone for a while then ;-)

Had some great experience with this bacteria concerning quick cycling tanks as well it helped quite a few folks to finally cycle their tanks that were screwed up during cycling with other brands products, that ended up in high Nitrites and therefore stopped the cycling process of the tank. Good stuff guys!!!

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1586540228528.png

So the next few posts will deal with a bit investigation and analytical work on my light settings which I set up by thumb and gut feelings rather than data collection and evidence.

Inspired by Jamie Craggs and @Dana Riddle I used the time I have currently on hand to investigate a bit of my current light characteristics and bring things into numbers and values.

This below article describes a bit about the Lighting on the Reef, and I focused within the last days less on the Spectrum but more on Light intensity and saturation and potential over saturation. Thx to Dana for this work.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%

Back