OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking this tank? Thinking of downsizing from my old oceanic 65g.
I like the tank. It's a good foot print for a few reasons. One is that one Radion XR30 fits it perfectly. Second the tank doesn't take up much room but the dimensions give you enough room to have a descent aquascape and still have room for coral to grow. Third its manageable! I can clean and get to any area of the tank with ease. The only down fall is I'm a coral hoarder....LOL so all ways wishing to go bigger but no time soon.

JCSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the tank. It's a good foot print for a few reasons. One is that one Radion XR30 fits it perfectly. Second the tank doesn't take up much room but the dimensions give you enough room to have a descent aquascape and still have room for coral to grow. Third its manageable! I can clean and get to any area of the tank with ease. The only down fall is I'm a coral hoarder....LOL so all ways wishing to go bigger but no time soon.

Appreciate the response! Do ya fee ya have enough room with it having the overflow? Thinking of doing the same but with a ghost overflow but if the room is good I'll stick with the standard overflow

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the response! Do ya fee ya have enough room with it having the overflow? Thinking of doing the same but with a ghost overflow but if the room is good I'll stick with the standard overflow
It really depends on how much room you need. Ghost on this tank would be a better way to go for sure hands down.

Last edited:

Jax5on

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I think Im going to go with very porous rock a variety of sponge species and macro algae for my filtration. I like the concept of a scrubber but feel very comfortable going this route for now. The stand will look very similar to my last stand that my ReefSavvy sat on but a different color. Looking forward to building it!

What kind of porous rock do you use? Also what kind of sponge species do you use as filtration? I started with dry marco rocks and ive read somewhere that healthy live rock have sponges growing all over it.

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pukani is a great rock or any rock that has good porosity which in turn creates a lot of surface area for bacteria. I have no particular sponge species but a variety of sponges grow in the display and in the refugium that were hitch hikers and some from fellow reefers that I collected. A long with good rock sponges rubble and some macro algae in my refugium I also have five mangroves growing.

Jax5on

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pukani is a great rock or any rock that has good porosity which in turn creates a lot of surface area for bacteria. I have no particular sponge species but a variety of sponges grow in the display and in the refugium that were hitch hikers and some from fellow reefers that I collected. A long with good rock sponges rubble and some macro algae in my refugium I also have five mangroves growing.

Where do you order your pukani live rock from? I want a reliable place with real pukani live rock. I am thinking on starting up a 66g sc aquarium. Thanks for the reply and you tank looks great! Of course this is a old thread. I wonder if you have any new pictures/update to your system?

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you order your pukani live rock from? I want a reliable place with real pukani live rock. I am thinking on starting up a 66g sc aquarium. Thanks for the reply and you tank looks great! Of course this is a old thread. I wonder if you have any new pictures/update to your system?
Thanks! My rock came from my LFS. I try to post pics at least once a month on here.

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I purchased my Radion, in the back of my mind I still wanted to add T-5's. I found these 24" T-5 HO reflectors online. Think I might try 2 on the display. They seem to be pretty low profile to add one to each side of the Radion Xr30. Would be 36 watts all together but reading.. the reflectors seem to be pretty good.

904298-01_zps1egxykjw.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back