anemome help

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i can already see what kind of replies i got “your tank is way too young for an anenome” and yes i was aware. my tanks roughly 2 months old i started with turbo fritz and about 20 ceramic bio balls from an established tank to give me a boost. i was shopping with my brother in law and we had a killer deal on a bta and i got a long tip. at the time buying it I knew what i might be getting myself into but worst comes to worst i can give him the nem for the time being til my tanks ready but i hear different things on their behavior. it was always out really wide and long for about a good two weeks or so and maybe about a week now it’s kinda just looked a little deflated and almost looks bleached out. but i can’t tell if it’s spewing it’s guts out or not since i really don’t know what that’ll look like lol. should i leave it be and let it kick back or should i really consider moving it in my brother in laws tank before it decides to explode in my tank and kill everything

IMG_1595.jpeg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks fine but a pic under white light would be better.

List the lights + settings, flow, water parameters, and test kits.

vancouverredsea350

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you been feeding it? I used to feed mine mysis and a small piece of silverside every once and a while and it stayed happy for a long time.

OP
OP
L

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this was taken a while after my lights have been off this was just the white light that’s just why the zoas look closed but all my corals have been doing great. I do feed the nem pretty often, mysis and brine shrimp and occasionally ill target feed a piece of clam flesh. I’m gonna get my water tested tmr and hope to figure things out from there, but i already plan on moving it out of my tank for the time being. the video posted below was about a week ago when it looks fully out.

Attachments

• filtered-6F31C11C-17DD-4F9F-BF3C-A87B61027256.mp4
    3.6 MB

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this was taken a while after my lights have been off this was just the white light that’s just why the zoas look closed but all my corals have been doing great. I do feed the nem pretty often, mysis and brine shrimp and occasionally ill target feed a piece of clam flesh. I’m gonna get my water tested tmr and hope to figure things out from there, but i already plan on moving it out of my tank for the time being. the video posted below was about a week ago when it looks fully out.

Let us know what test kits will be used when you find out.

OP
OP
L

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks fine but a pic under white light would be better.

List the lights + settings, flow, water parameters, and test kits.
i’m using one Ai prime16hd using the pennywise setting, for flow i have 2 800gph power heads along with a double head for for my return. i’ve transferred it to my brother in laws tank today which has 2 bta and they do great so i’m gonna hope it comes backk

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’m using one Ai prime16hd using the pennywise setting, for flow i have 2 800gph power heads along with a double head for for my return. i’ve transferred it to my brother in laws tank today which has 2 bta and they do great so i’m gonna hope it comes backk
Could you screenshot the light settings?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PS I don't think the tank is too young for an anemone. I believe that is a myth

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back