Anemone acclimation

m3rcfh

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2017
Messages
150
Reaction score
48
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all
I'm looking for some input on my new green bubble tip anemone weird behavior. I guess all anemones are weird, but this one must be weirder.

So I got this guy 2 weeks ago, and it has been going back and forth. Sometimes it closes at night hiding all its tentacles inside the body, and sometime is shrinks during the day for a couple of hours like on the picture below.

Other than these few moments, it looks perfectly fine and has not move over an inch from the spot it landed.

Tank is over 6 months, got 2 AI 26HD at 50% and low to medium flow.

Should I be worried, as it went back to normal after 2 hours or so? (At least until now)

IMG-20180327-WA0004.jpg
 
It can take nems a while to find their sweet spot and settle in to your tank. I wouldn't be too concerned at this point. And yes, nems are weird!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new