Anemone advice

CaptainAnemone1243

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got the this new GBTA and I did a water test today and had a random spike in ammonia at around .50ppm which I’ve been stressed about all day. I have a protein skimmer that I just cleaned out so I’m trying to tune it back to where it was again. My maroon clownfish has been non stop rubbing up on it and I’m worried it’s just gonna be stressing out the nem. I have the 13.5 Fluval Evo tank and looking for advice on this tank for better filtration. I have the P2 mini skimmer from Fluval, filter block with carbon and biomax in the second column. Overall advice on things?! Thank you

IMG_0680.jpeg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The anemone looks fine. If you list your water parameters I can see if anything is off.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for filtration, a media tray would be easier as you could cut a filter pad on top that could be rinsed daily to remove leftover food. Other than that carbon and maybe a pinch of gfo if phosphate is an issue is all you need.

OP
OP
C

CaptainAnemone1243

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for filtration, a media tray would be easier as you could cut a filter pad on top that could be rinsed daily to remove leftover food. Other than that carbon and maybe a pinch of gfo if phosphate is an issue is all you need.
Nitrates-0ppm
Nitrites-0ppm
Ammonia-.50
Alkalinity-14ppm
PH-8
Phosphate-2ppm
Calcium-420
Salinity-1.025
Mag- don’t have anything to test mag which I know I need.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back