Anemone behaving weirdly

greetl01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this anemone about 3 weeks and it refuses to go anywhere near light. It blooms a little in the mornings but as soon as my lights hit 100% it closes up. The lights not too high bc it’s on the side of my tank where light barely hits. It has this white stuff on it but the mouth is closed and it’s attached to the rock as you can see. Im so confused. Should I move it into the light at this point? Isn’t 3 weeks enough for it to be acclimated?
29E3F956-E48C-4C05-A070-DB7F5F125C6B.jpeg

dyno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubble anemones act so weird sometimes. Even if you move it, chances are it will move again back where it wants. Just wait and see

Radu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this anemone about 3 weeks and it refuses to go anywhere near light. It blooms a little in the mornings but as soon as my lights hit 100% it closes up. The lights not too high bc it’s on the side of my tank where light barely hits. It has this white stuff on it but the mouth is closed and it’s attached to the rock as you can see. Im so confused. Should I move it into the light at this point? Isn’t 3 weeks enough for it to be acclimated?
29E3F956-E48C-4C05-A070-DB7F5F125C6B.jpeg
Don't sweat it at all, I have 8 BTA around a single clay flower pot for clownfish and one nem just stays in the pot in the dark looking so scraggly for months compared to the others in the light, then one day I do a water change and it moves out into the light so maybe do a water change.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back