OP
OP
R

Robb1821i

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys, i threw out what was left already. Looked like he went through a blender though

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vote would be a pistol shrimp over a mantis shrimp especially if the poping is being repeated frequently. I often have shrimp molt immediately after introduction and sometimes in bags so I wouldn't rule out it was a molt you saw. Unfortunately when shrimp molt they are very vulnerable and animals that wouldn't normally bother them may take the opportunity to go after it.

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vote would be a pistol shrimp over a mantis shrimp especially if the poping is being repeated frequently. I often have shrimp molt immediately after introduction and sometimes in bags so I wouldn't rule out it was a molt you saw. Unfortunately when shrimp molt they are very vulnerable and animals that wouldn't normally bother them may take the opportunity to go after it.
It was an anenome crab that he said got killed.

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought something happened to my porcelain crab after it looked like he had exploded on the bottom of my tank and I couldn't find him. One week later he was back surfing Nem tentacles, and scooping up food. I hope this is the case.

OP
OP
R

Robb1821i

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought something happened to my porcelain crab after it looked like he had exploded on the bottom of my tank and I couldn't find him. One week later he was back surfing Nem tentacles, and scooping up food. I hope this is the case.
From a molt? I doubt that. Looked like there was meat in there. Wish I had taken a pic

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back