Anemone Crab

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a quick search when I saw this funky guy at the bottom of a tank at my local shop...... I couldn’t find a topic here (admittedly my search abilities on my phone are limited..... can’t search title only etc) and all I found were “is this an Anemone on my crab?” and “will my anemone eat my crab?” etc.

Google told me that the Anemone Crab was an actual creature, and although I could barely see it in the dark tank it was in, after googling I knew I was getting it.

Google said reef safe, person at store told me immediately “you know they aren’t ‘totally’ reef safe right?” I have enough going on in my tank, I can risk a little loss!

Anyone else have these cool guys? I’m a sucker for strange stuff in my tank.

Here is a picture I just took with lights out..... his little “feather things” that come out of hos shell retract when you touch them...... he is really cool. Some I found on the internet are much brighter red/white than him, but he is pretty neat looking when the lights are on too, but he mainly stays tucked in his shell and hiding in the rocks during the day

4F0C1209-C686-480C-8368-C1DA49EB3FD2.jpeg

OP
OP
J

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if I need to provide it with additional shells, like other hermits? It’s obviously quite large

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 40 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.1%
Back