Anemone Dying Less then 24 hours

  • Thread starter Thread starter cbrack83
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have never dipped a nem, and I actually wonder if that was an issue.

Also FWIW while I agree it's LTA/M.doreensis, it would not fare well trying to attach to rock, they definitely need sand, you had done what you could for placement.

There could be a number of things that went wrong, possibly even tear at foot, hard to say
 
oh okay thanks! I kn ow in another thread it said that cipro becomes inert in light? is that the same for the human ones? Because if its not then i might be overdosing etc
 
I’m not a chemist, I’m not sure, but from what I can tell Cipro breaks down with light, only from reading what others I trust (Dr. Minh and Dr. Amoo ;) ) have said with their experience.

I never had a problem using LR in the TT, because if it’s true that it breaks down with light, the amount of light in a reef tank will take care of any residue, and from the sound of decay, probably pretty fast. I never saw anything adverse from using LR, even the little pods and bugs were still coming out of the rocks after treatment was completed. I used softball size LR, aged and coralline riddled, for the nem to attach to. I wouldn’t (personally) use anything bigger. Some advise not to use LR. Just stating what I’ve used with success.

I’ve used both cipro prescription, and fishflox. Both worked well for me, same results.
 
My opinion, changing 100% water everyday plays a big part. Any cloudy water or particles left behind just adds more risk.
 
I have never dipped a nem, and I actually wonder if that was an issue.

Also FWIW while I agree it's LTA/M.doreensis, it would not fare well trying to attach to rock, they definitely need sand, you had done what you could for placement.

There could be a number of things that went wrong, possibly even tear at foot, hard to say

+1

When I purchase one. I will let it expel the water it came it if ordered...match the parameters it came in and then remove it and adjust to the parameters of the tank I'm putting it in. I've not had one die on me using this approach.

But whatever works best for others...stick with it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new