Anemone Dying Less then 24 hours

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never dipped a nem, and I actually wonder if that was an issue.

Also FWIW while I agree it's LTA/M.doreensis, it would not fare well trying to attach to rock, they definitely need sand, you had done what you could for placement.

There could be a number of things that went wrong, possibly even tear at foot, hard to say

Taylor t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not a chemist, I’m not sure, but from what I can tell Cipro breaks down with light, only from reading what others I trust (Dr. Minh and Dr. Amoo ;) ) have said with their experience.

I never had a problem using LR in the TT, because if it’s true that it breaks down with light, the amount of light in a reef tank will take care of any residue, and from the sound of decay, probably pretty fast. I never saw anything adverse from using LR, even the little pods and bugs were still coming out of the rocks after treatment was completed. I used softball size LR, aged and coralline riddled, for the nem to attach to. I wouldn’t (personally) use anything bigger. Some advise not to use LR. Just stating what I’ve used with success.

I’ve used both cipro prescription, and fishflox. Both worked well for me, same results.

Taylor t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My opinion, changing 100% water everyday plays a big part. Any cloudy water or particles left behind just adds more risk.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never dipped a nem, and I actually wonder if that was an issue.

Also FWIW while I agree it's LTA/M.doreensis, it would not fare well trying to attach to rock, they definitely need sand, you had done what you could for placement.

There could be a number of things that went wrong, possibly even tear at foot, hard to say

+1

When I purchase one. I will let it expel the water it came it if ordered...match the parameters it came in and then remove it and adjust to the parameters of the tank I'm putting it in. I've not had one die on me using this approach.

But whatever works best for others...stick with it.

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back