Anemone going down hill, any suggestions for fixing the issue?

JOberloh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, first post here. I have had my tank for about 3 1/2 months and everything seems to be going very well. I have 2 thriving clownfish, 2 astrea snails, an emerald crab, a rose bubble tip anemone, and a purple hammer coral.

Two weeks ago i noticed my anemone going downhill. It started to be closed more often than not, and getting very stringy like tentacles versus the usual full bodied tentacles. Now it looks like this:

http://imgur.com/a/NW3Zb

Here are my parameters:
Marineland 5 gallon contour tank
4 watt LED clamp lamp
kH 10
pH 7.9
Nitrite .3
Nitrate 30
Phosphates 0
Temp 78

One concern that I have is that it doesn't seem to have much flow. Could that be the issue? I would think that it would move to find flow if it wasn't happy where it was. Any suggestions for improving the health of my anemone would be greatly appreciated!

The other thing is that at night I leave my 1 watt blue lamp on, so there is never complete darkness in the tank. Could this be doing anything?

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your ammonia? You have nitrite so it has to be coming from somewhere hence you possibly habe ammonia in the tank. Nitrite is not toxic until high levels for fish but i believe it to not be the case for coral..

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 83 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.4%
Back