Anemone health check-up assistance please.

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So according to an old thread of mine I received my anemone around October 14th of 2021. This is my first ever Bubble tip anemone.

Here’s: a photo of it from that post:
IMG_1789.jpeg

Here’s it now:
IMG_1791.jpeg

Does it look healthy to you?

It’s only split once, and seems to like the bottom parts of my tank despite there being less par down there. For as long as I’ve had it, it doesn’t seem to have grown much. Should I be target feeding it more? Recently it’s only been sometimes grabbing a few mysis shrimp when I feed my fish.
I don’t see much in the way of bubble tips as of late, but I know that can happen.

Water parameters as of a few moments ago:

Alkalinity: 9.3
Calcium: 472
Nitrates: 11.3
Phosphates.06
Ph: 7.8
Salinity: 1.026

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So according to an old thread of mine I received my anemone around October 14th of 2021. This is my first ever Bubble tip anemone.

Here’s: a photo of it from that post:
IMG_1789.jpeg

Here’s it now:
IMG_1791.jpeg

Does it look healthy to you?

It’s only split once, and seems to like the bottom parts of my tank despite there being less par down there. For as long as I’ve had it, it doesn’t seem to have grown much. Should I be target feeding it more? Recently it’s only been sometimes grabbing a few mysis shrimp when I feed my fish.
I don’t see much in the way of bubble tips as of late, but I know that can happen.

Water parameters as of a few moments ago:

Alkalinity: 9.3
Calcium: 472
Nitrates: 11.3
Phosphates.06
Ph: 7.8
Salinity: 1.026
Nems are strange and look different all the time! I think it looks like its getting ready to poop actually. Do you have any clownfish hosting? I had two nems before and they just died, but the 5 I have now are healthy, the clowns take care of them. Just my experience though. And yeah they dont like lots of light it will bleach them

GDiaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. It looks good to me. From what I have seen they move around to wherever they are most comfortable. I got mine to grow by adding a few drops of brightwell amino acids to the food. I would swap out between mysis and krill. Now I also do reef roids depending on my parameters.

The 1st image (10/2022) is how it turned 2 weeks after I first got it. I did not aclimate long enough and unfortunately that was the result. 2 image (now) has 2 nems. The one I’m talking about is to the right. Now I’m just focusing on it gaining its original color back.
IMG_5146.jpeg
IMG_7884.jpeg

OP
OP
WhitePanther93

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nems are strange and look different all the time! I think it looks like its getting ready to poop actually. Do you have any clownfish hosting? I had two nems before and they just died, but the 5 I have now are healthy, the clowns take care of them. Just my experience though. And yeah they dont like lots of light it will bleach them
Unfortunately no they don’t. my ****** clownfish decided to host my goniopora.I’m hoping to find a way to tempt them into hosting the nem.

OP
OP
WhitePanther93

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. It looks good to me. From what I have seen they move around to wherever they are most comfortable. I got mine to grow by adding a few drops of brightwell amino acids to the food. I would swap out between mysis and krill. Now I also do reef roids depending on my parameters.

The 1st image (10/2022) is how it turned 2 weeks after I first got it. I did not aclimate long enough and unfortunately that was the result. 2 image (now) has 2 nems. The one I’m talking about is to the right. Now I’m just focusing on it gaining its original color back.
IMG_5146.jpeg
IMG_7884.jpeg
Do you feed them the reef roids in a slurry directly or do you dust broadcast feed your tank?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately no they don’t. my ****** clownfish decided to host my goniopora.I’m hoping to find a way to tempt them into hosting the nem.
Clownfish lol. Pain in the butt but we love them! My female hosts my nem in one of my tanks but bites me every time I have my hands in the tank changing nori for my tangs. Evil Lady is her name haha

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks healthy to me. Some bubble some some don't and some bubble sometimes. It doesn't look like it has grown a lot tho as you said but hard to tell how much with nothing for reference.

And yeah they dont like lots of light it will bleach them
I've not found that to be the case with mine. The ones on top are sitting under 400+ par and the ones below 350 and perfectly happy and healthy.
20230705_155035.jpg

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks healthy to me. Some bubble some some don't and some bubble sometimes. It doesn't look like it has grown a lot tho as you said but hard to tell how much with nothing for reference.

I've not found that to be the case with mine. The ones on top are sitting under 400+ par and the ones below 350 and perfectly happy and healthy.
20230705_155035.jpg
Huh interesting! I have all my nems under my red sea lights. Maybe the biocube has crappy lighting for them!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%

Back