Anemone Help

QDatsWho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought green bubble tip and clown, put them in a mini tank inside of my tank with holes to get them to host, they did and clown loved him. Ok know we all want the anemone to be out front so we can see, so we place where we like of course they move, no problem right...we can just flip the rock around after a few days, we’ll this joker on the back glass out of view, I was scared because he look all deflated with mouth wide open, oh he is hungry, well it’s hard to feed because he on the back glass, I tried to feed, yesterday is when this is going on, clown is not going to him, wake up this morning and the clown is in there just chilling, will he ever come off glass or should I just wait in previous years I had this things die but I really want this one to make it and I want to see it. If he would have attached to a rock I would just flip rock after like a week or so......Hhhhhhhheeeeelllpppp I want to see my clown and anemone

image.jpg image.jpg

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try relocating him by making that spot uncomfortable... move a powerhead/wavemaker (with an anemone guard) pointed at him so he’ll want to move, or you can put ice around the outside of the glass... do not keep it there. Put it on for a few seconds, remove it, put it on, remove it until he’ll start to detach. You can also rub and tickle his foot and he’ll start to let go, that method takes a while but he’ll eventually come up that way. Remember the Anemone’s health is more important than anything, so just be extremely careful and if he really doesn’t want to budge don’t make him.

OP
OP
Q

QDatsWho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try relocating him by making that spot uncomfortable... move a powerhead/wavemaker (with an anemone guard) pointed at him so he’ll want to move, or you can put ice around the outside of the glass... do not keep it there. Put it on for a few seconds, remove it, put it on, remove it until he’ll start to detach. You can also rub and tickle his foot and he’ll start to let go, that method takes a while but he’ll eventually come up that way. Remember the Anemone’s health is more important than anything, so just be extremely careful and if he really doesn’t want to budge don’t make him.
This sucks man I want him out front I did that blow power head before method and it didn’t move and just stressed it out and it died, u say put ice on the back glass on the outside? Is that gonna get cold enough where he moves

Picasso Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the ice really works. I was helping a friend move and he had around 15 BWBTAs in these two massive pieces of holey live rock. Couple ice cubes and 45 minutes and we had them all out and in a bucket, he even let me take one home for the great idea and effort (thanks R2R!) keep a net ready to catch him when he detaches and keep the flow off so he doesn’t immediately get tossed around the tank like a jello hackeysack. If you’d like, you can place him on a rock in the front while in the net, so is foot is touching the rock and his tentacles face the net. The net keeps him in that spot while he attatches and prevents the clown from harassing him while he tries to settle in. This worked for me! Still in exactly the same spot.
18A7C397-92CB-4336-B57C-3623FA370A26.jpeg
497A0FB9-4943-45A0-83F4-8CEBAFD33383.jpeg

OP
OP
Q

QDatsWho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the ice really works. I was helping a friend move and he had around 15 BWBTAs in these two massive pieces of holey live rock. Couple ice cubes and 45 minutes and we had them all out and in a bucket, he even let me take one home for the great idea and effort (thanks R2R!) keep a net ready to catch him when he detaches and keep the flow off so he doesn’t immediately get tossed around the tank like a jello hackeysack. If you’d like, you can place him on a rock in the front while in the net, so is foot is touching the rock and his tentacles face the net. The net keeps him in that spot while he attatches and prevents the clown from harassing him while he tries to settle in. This worked for me! Still in exactly the same spot.
I believe the ice works but when you said on the outside of glass I was like would that even get cold enough?

Picasso Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the ice works but when you said on the outside of glass I was like would that even get cold enough?
If it’s attached to the glass or very near it, maybe. You could freeze some rodi water and use it in your tank if you want

OP
OP
Q

QDatsWho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve done it. It worked. He said it was attatched to the glass so...
It worked, if I would have done ice inside on foot it would only last for a second anyway, heard that before but the glass got cold and I used a SAMS card to gently tickle off. I don’t care where he attaches, just want it on a rock. But not in the back, one more question, I know this guy not doing well by the color and I was cool buying him that way, I see your rose is very bright and rich in color what do u do to keep him bubbles and bright

Picasso Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed him every day the LRS frozen food. I swish the piece around in the water so my fish can eat then find a large chunk of scallop or shrimp and place it on the tentacles and he eats. I’m doing the same thing for a Black Widow BTA that I got for free, and he’s already got tiny bubbles after 3 days.

OP
OP
Q

QDatsWho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed him every day the LRS frozen food. I swish the piece around in the water so my fish can eat then find a large chunk of scallop or shrimp and place it on the tentacles and he eats. I’m doing the same thing for a Black Widow BTA that I got for free, and he’s already got tiny bubbles after 3 days.
I got Mysis shrimp, should I feed him some every day?

Picasso Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got Mysis shrimp, should I feed him some every day?
Yeah, make sure it’s about half the size of his mouth though. He can choke! I’d feed one piece for a week or two then up it to two pieces and so on, eventually when he gets bigger he’ll be able to take a whole mysis at a time (probably in the next month or so if he’s not already big enough). Good luck!

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Picasso Clown
JELLO HACKYSACK!
this is my new favorite way to describe anemones. Thanks for the laugh and thats a great looking tank and nem.

OP
OP
Q

QDatsWho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, make sure it’s about half the size of his mouth though. He can choke! I’d feed one piece for a week or two then up it to two pieces and so on, eventually when he gets bigger he’ll be able to take a whole mysis at a time (probably in the next month or so if he’s not already big enough). Good luck!
The shrimp are tiny, but he is in the best spot he can be in my opinion but I wonder if he gonna move when I turn underwater flow back on, I’m gonna put it on the lowest setting I have, do you think I should keep net in front when I turn flow back on?

image.jpg

Picasso Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shrimp are tiny, but he is in the best spot he can be in my opinion but I wonder if he gonna move when I turn underwater flow back on, I’m gonna put it on the lowest setting I have, do you think I should keep net in front when I turn flow back on?

image.jpg
Yeah I do, keep the net over night and check him in the morning and before you go to bed. Feeding him helps convince him that it’s a good spot to live.

OP
OP
Q

QDatsWho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to get the food in his mout because they so tiny then the fish steals it. Do you think I should feed him regular raw shrimp or the mysis shrimp is good, I know you can cut shrimp in small chunks but I rather use the mysis shrimp because already bought the food for him...what u think and thanks for all your help

Picasso Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to get the food in his mout because they so tiny then the fish steals it?
Just put it in his tentacles, he’ll bring the food to his mouth by himself. The net protects him from the fish while he eats

Back