OP
OP
F

Franco1024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately It was to late for the anemone. I have defiantly learned my lesson on doing research before making a purchase. Not getting another nem for a long while and until I can have a more strict schedule in feeding, cleaning and testing. and I can see no Ammonia and low nitrates for at least a month.
Okay am I the only one that thinks it's a bit odd that you are getting detectable ammonia? Especially when it climbed to .4 yesterday before your water change. The low calcium that day seems like an odd major drop too. Could be a faulty test reading possibly but I wouldn't consider a tank cycled if you have detectable ammonia. Definitely agree with everyone else, safest bet is to take it back and give your tank more time to stabilize. Also seems odd to have high nitrates and still have ammonia and nitrite, might be worth trying a different test kit or have the lfs test your water to get a comparison.
I will be taking my water to a couple LFS and see what they turn up compared to my test today. I realized I didn't turn on my skimmer for 48hr since the water change so I will see how that affects the system. I might start carbon dosing next week after I give the tank some time to stabilize after more aggressive water changes than usual over the last week and a half. I do have some corals and I am thinking that was the reason for the cal not testing but I am new so I am not 100% sure, I could swear I did the test the exact same way as always.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back