Anemone help

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an established nano tank that’s been up for 5-6 years, I’m getting ready to upgrade it to a 28 gallon cube, I’ll be moving everything except the sand and adding the additional salt water required to fill it.
All that’s in the tank is a maroon clownfish, a Xenia, green mushrooms and star polyps, as well as snails, emerald crabs and a tiger shrimp (I’m assuming he’s still in there)
Anyway, can I add an anemone? If so what’s the best for smaller tanks

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they need established tanks and wasn’t sure if the upgrade and new sandbed will make a difference. My clown has a huge Xenia that he’s happy hiding in, although it would be nice if he’d host an anemone I mostly want one because I’ve never had much success in the past but I tried to add them in new tanks in spite of warnings that they need an established tank so I want to try again.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes you can add an anemone, most are sold in small size anyway. I did the same thing as you and got an anemone hoping the mated pair clowns would swim in it but after 2 years NOTHING and I've tried every trick to no avail!!!
Just an FYI - BTA's can quickly take over a tank.

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes you can add an anemone, most are sold in small size anyway. I did the same thing as you and got an anemone hoping the mated pair clowns would swim in it but after 2 years NOTHING and I've tried every trick to no avail!!!
Just an FYI - BTA's can quickly take over a tank.
I only have Xenia and mushrooms so I’m hoping both are hardy enough to stand up against an anemone and the anemone will find a space to be happy without bothering the coral already growing

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back