Wiz

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update :)
Doing very well. Voracious hunter! Piling shells fast. Eats chunks of silverside.
Casualty list
3+ astraa
3+nerite
2 tonga nassarius
1 mexican turbo
2 trochus
1 tiger sand conch
1 cerith snail

And more I'm sure. I don' get how he gets them. But I came home the other day and he was sucking the flesh out of a mexican. Expensive!

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's has the same predatory factor of an octopus anemone then. Does it stay put? It's certainly an interesting critter.

OP
OP
Wiz

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. It has not moved at all. Buries itself every day. Out every night.

OP
OP
Wiz

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well he attempted to kill my last conch but was unsuccessful. At the bidding at the video you can see him pull the Conch toward the rock just a little. After a second his tentacle let's go. But if he had more than one tentacle on there I'm pretty sure my conch would be toast. Someone showed me a video of an octopus anemone reeling in a giant sea hare like it was a toy. I'm thinking banishment to the refugium soon

OP
OP
Wiz

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my nem wound up getting banished to the refugium last night. It was on a tear killing every snail that came Within 5 in of him. I put him in the center PVC to try and segregate him from the snails. This is him this morning. I hope he stays there looks cool like a torch coral. LOL

20171204_100245.jpg

20171204_100356.jpg

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least you can still enjoy it in the fuge. I had to move a cataphyllia which was about the size of an American football and there was quite a grave yard under it. Comes to a point when you lose more than it cost you.

OP
OP
Wiz

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to look up catalaphyllia. Lol my Elegance is about the size of a football as well but he does not kill anything. Or at least not that I'm aware of . And his sting is nothing compared to this thing .QUOTE="mort, post: 4255390, member: 51774"]At least you can still enjoy it in the fuge. I had to move a cataphyllia which was about the size of an American football and there was quite a grave yard under it. Comes to a point when you lose more than it cost you.[/QUOTE]

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice cat:) not sure why predictive text shortened catalaphyllia in my post. The one I looked after was in a lfs display and one day it looked annoyed, the next day it spat out an 4" anthias that had squeezed out the top and been put back a couple of days earlier. It likely died and just drifted into it but I'm surprised such a large thing could be at least attempted food.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back