Anemone Looking Like a Cannoli?

SimplisticDesign

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, just got this anemone from a friend who impulsively bought the anemone, and has zero idea how to care for it so he gave it to me.

We have no idea if it’s either a “magnificent” or “GBTA” anemone. Regardless of the matter, as the anemone gets more situated in my tank, I’ve noticed it spitting out lots of zooxanthellae due to the anemone not having the proper lighting for the past month or so, causing my phosphates to rise to .40 ppm. (Yikes)

what’s everyone’s opinion of this? Is this a magnificent nem or BT? I originally thought BT because I could see little bubbles forming, but the tentacles are very skinny which is telling me otherwise.

Health condition? This anemone hasn’t had light in a while, and I’ve had my lights at around 50% but even then, it’s still spitting lots of zooxanthellae.

Attachments

• IMG_2958.mov
    40 MB

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Judging by the purple foot coloration and the shape, this looks like a magnificent. I would leave it attached to that rock but if possible, move that rock as low as possible into the tank and then try feeding it some mysis or a small piece of clam once a week.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back