Anemone looks depressed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fierce
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fierce

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2025
Messages
6
Reaction score
4
Location
Philippines
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I bought this BTA anemone last month. Tank is around 6 months old. When I first got it, it looked quite fat, it eventually settled below my wavemaker, behind a rock, in an area that gets little to no flow. It stayed in that area for a month now. But it is starting to look depressed, is this normal? It also does not bubble up anymore.

Corals on the other hand are doing quite well and growing. I just can’t figure out what’s up with this anemone

IMG_3814.jpeg
 
Hi everyone, I bought this BTA anemone last month. Tank is around 6 months old. When I first got it, it looked quite fat, it eventually settled below my wavemaker, behind a rock, in an area that gets little to no flow. It stayed in that area for a month now. But it is starting to look depressed, is this normal? It also does not bubble up anymore.

Corals on the other hand are doing quite well and growing. I just can’t figure out what’s up with this anemone

IMG_3814.jpeg
Is it possible to move the rock up to better light and flow? I’ve had stressed nems that move to the back begging rocks and underneath ledges until they settle whatever is bothering them. Then they have come back out. I’d call it “a little worse for the wear” as their color then has dulled bc they photosynthesis the light for both nutrition and color. As hardy as they are, they can be sensitive to water parameter changes, especially sudden ones. Out of 5 BTA nems I only have one that actually bubbles anymore and they are all healthy. Give yours some coral aminos and check the iodine in your tank. Those both help with health and color of nems.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new