Anemone looks unusual

CoryEaster23

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2019
Messages
69
Reaction score
85
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a long green tip anemone a month or so ago and has been fine up until the last few days. I know they have days where they don’t look to good but this look is a new one for me. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

DE0E7D68-2DFF-4EB9-891F-D16DFA657031.jpeg FC64DE4D-6651-4B7C-8378-540AFB9AD783.jpeg
 
That look like a BTA that is starving. I would make sure you provide good water condition, stable, pleny of light and feed him, only tiny amount of food, about the amount of mass of about 5-10 mysis shrimp at a time, every other or third day until he is a little better then you can feed him more.
 
That look like a BTA that is starving. I would make sure you provide good water condition, stable, pleny of light and feed him, only tiny amount of food, about the amount of mass of about 5-10 mysis shrimp at a time, every other or third day until he is a little better then you can feed him more.
Funny you say that. When I do feed my clown will actually take food to it as well. So I don’t understand if that makes sense. I know it’s eating but idk if it’s enough or too much
 
What lighting do you have and how big is the tank ?
 
What lighting do you have and how big is the tank ?
2 prime sol 16s and it’s a 55 gallon standard. Been going for a little over a year
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new