Anemone not eating

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a BTA for about two years now. It's split twice. None of them are on the bottom. They are attached to the rocks a few inches off the bottom. I never feed them, but I feed my tank heavy. They have all grown.

A BTA is NOT the same as a LTA. LTA goes on the sand, BTA loves crevices in rock and can deal with higher light/flow.

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've tried burying its foot in the sand, and it keeps unburying itself. I'm not sure exactly what's wrong. At first I thought it didnt like the spot, but it didnt really move, just got unburied and stay put.

Just place it, don't bury it, don't touch more than you need to. It will move itself and do what it wants. Don't turn off the flow if it's not being blown around. It's weak, but it needs to find it's place. Stronger neemies you can cradle it near a surface (I'm talking BTA now) and it'll attach and move on it's own, but when it's weaker it might take some time.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I want the sand anemone to attach, I place it on the sand then pile small to medium rocks and shell on it. Make sure you don't injury it. If it is healthy, it will attach to the rock then digs into the sand. Here is a bleached Haddoni. 5 mins after I got him into the tank (1:00 AM and the next morning 7:00 AM. I removed the rocks and oyster shells right before I took the picture. I also turn the bucket so both Haddoni does not get shade by the Gigantea
anemone2020101001bluehaddoni-jpg.1826247

anemone2020101101bluehaddoni-jpg.1826249

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back