Anemone Part 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jhillreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jhillreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2017
Messages
393
Reaction score
53
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this look ok?

E0F8BDBE-5D31-4AB4-8078-F53DC1F878A6.jpeg


4FBC10C4-DAD5-4C63-8738-FB89A4B8F10A.png
 
I only have experience w/ BTAs. That being said it looks like its in a QT(PVC fittings on a barebottom tank). Anemones like established tanks w/ consistent parameters, and excellent water quality. The mouth appears to be gaping in the second picture. That would concern me.

That being said, I'll reiterate that my XP is only w/ BTAs, and I wish you and your critter the best of luck :)
 
Do you have any Cipro? I would keep on hand and treat at first sign of deflation, mouth continues opening, etc. Is it just getting acclimated? Doesn't look great, but have seen plenty worse. I personally treat all of my nems upon arrival. Also, S.Haddoni are sand dwellers. It would help to have at least a 2" sandbed or put a PVC pipe in filled with sand and hope he's happy where you place hem. Good Luck.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new