Anemone questions

FrostyToast

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!!

I’m new to saltwater tanks and I decided to get a LTA for my pair of clowns I’ve had for a while.
I’ve never dealt with nem’s before, so I want to make sure I’m doing everything correctly. I even added some more rocks for it to attach to or hide behind.
Here’s it a few minutes ago, earlier today it was attached into my substrate just fine, but I just checked on it and it was unattached in its side.
I know they like to move around the tank but I just want to make sure it’s just trying to move and or reattach and nothing more serious is going on.
I added it in roughly 3 days ago. Thursday at 3 PM after drip acclimating it for an hour and a half.
It was more purpleish in the store, so I know it’s stressed but it hasn’t been loosing any of its color.
20260517_194536_2BF2933A-5A22-41D6-8F8E-92008F01119C.png


20260517_194536_072FC0F3-1B00-487F-8154-3A8BD49542F1.png


20260517_194536_42A72B27-E230-486E-9424-909F4467780C.png


Here it was roughly an hour before lights out

20260517_194609_063174E0-98C9-4A97-9EFF-B08D4E2C267D.png


20260517_194609_EA4892CF-F03F-40F6-A1FA-2B3342BC4369.png
 
My cleaner shrimp have been picking at it from what I’ve seen so I’ve put them in a breeder box temporarily to try to avoid anymore stress for the nem.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new