Anemone shrunk but never died

Llg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a bubble tip anemone that split into two. Both parts have shrunk down to half the size of a dime. They are plae with no tips. They have been this way for months. They don't die and move around the tank. Will they ever grow back? I want to get a new one, but not sure what to do with these. I am using an AI prime light with a common setting. All other corals and SPS are doing fine. I have carpet anemones that are just fine. I am baffled.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I have a bubble tip anemone that split into two. Both parts have shrunk down to half the size of a dime. They are plae with no tips. They have been this way for months. They don't die and move around the tank. Will they ever grow back? I want to get a new one, but not sure what to do with these. I am using an AI prime light with a common setting. All other corals and SPS are doing fine. I have carpet anemones that are just fine. I am baffled.
How much light and flow are you furnishing and pale is generally due to improper lighting which will force the anemone to expel its zooxanthellae and turn white which is bleaching and often leads to death. Additionally, anemone lighting is an important part for them as they require a lot of light to thrive because they’re photosynthetic which means that they absorb light to produce food and growth as the anemone has zooxanthellae in its body which are symbiotic microorganisms that they feed on. Without proper light, the anemone will expel the zooxanthellae and turn white, a process is called bleaching and often leads to death.
Moderate water flow is best as too much water flow will cause the anemone to stretch out and start looking stringy.

OP
OP
L

Llg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PAR in the center is 300 to 320. It moves from top of tank to lower portion of the tank. Flow is good. It tends to hide under rock work. It was really happy for 2 months and stayed at the bottom, then started moving and shrinking.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back