Anemone Split after 1 month

sacramento.reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 31, 2025
Messages
7
Reaction score
20
Location
Sacramento
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a Rose Bubble Tip anemone about a month ago. Last night, it split into two smaller nems.

1. Is this a good thing considering the BTA was recently added?
2. Is there anything I need to do or be aware of?
20251020_112453.png
 
Some people say they split when stressed but I don't for sure if that's true. Yours look happy. I had one split the first night in my tank.
Later on I had 3 that started splitting and ended up with almost 50 in a 180g
Also, this is immediately after the lights came on. The nem is now bubbled up even more.
20251020_113035.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new