Anemone split

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had a RBTA split last night and I've always wondered what causes this? So I figured I'd ask on here as I go on Google see if you guys could help me get more info on these guys they are beautiful creatures I now have 3 RBTA and 1 green long tentical. Thanks

Mr New Saltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is the true reason but my BTA has split 3 times and has always been the day after i have raised my alk to high within a 24hr period

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had BTA split when over feed, good times, and split in response to stress like introduction to a new tank....self preservation I am inclined to think.

jamie callard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following mine have split once so far and look to be getting ready to do it again. I cant think it would be stressed as It is target fed and levels have been stable in tank.

Untamedrose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTA reproduce two ways. By a fairly similar one egg meets sperm it wonders off makes another, second is by ripping itself in half.

There are "males" and females... and they reproduced by releasing sperm or eggs...basically into the open water and its a hope for the best. Which in the wild kinda works large pops of them in one area one starts off and they all go freeing the O's all at once. Ta da Lots of babies.... Been some cases of this happening in a tank.....the attempt at least but not the success. BUT what triggers this reproduction in the wild or in the tank is still a serious ?? (be some money in that, one could captive Breed them in mass quantities I think)

Second is they rip themselves in half. And they seem to do this for two reason first is Bad... Kinda like Your in a horror movie and there is the murder is after you...if you split and there are two of you....you just doubled your odds of surviving! Yaaa?.
VS thanksgiving... stuff is so good, you can possibly eat all this, drink all this...so let me share with another Me!

Least that is my likely to imaginative take on it...

rizorido

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTA reproduce two ways. By a fairly similar one egg meets sperm it wonders off makes another, second is by ripping itself in half.

There are "males" and females... and they reproduced by releasing sperm or eggs...basically into the open water and its a hope for the best. Which in the wild kinda works large pops of them in one area one starts off and they all go freeing the O's all at once. Ta da Lots of babies.... Been some cases of this happening in a tank.....the attempt at least but not the success. BUT what triggers this reproduction in the wild or in the tank is still a serious ?? (be some money in that, one could captive Breed them in mass quantities I think)

Second is they rip themselves in half. And they seem to do this for two reason first is Bad... Kinda like Your in a horror movie and there is the murder is after you...if you split and there are two of you....you just doubled your odds of surviving! Yaaa?.
VS thanksgiving... stuff is so good, you can possibly eat all this, drink all this...so let me share with another Me!

Love the 2 examples ! So spot on :)

Goby-won

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nice analogy. It makes total sense.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was without light for 3 days, when the light was replaced there were 2 so stress in my case.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 62 50.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back