Anemone split

Sean Duggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone did a water change yesterday and my anemone split today. I’m trying to get the anemone out of my tank because I’m starting to get into acros and the anemones are kind of like moving land mines lol. So I was able to get one piece off the rock and it completely deflated while I did so. I put it in an acrylic box I had with some rubble rock. I just wanted to know if it’ll be fine where it is and if it should inflate itself tomorrow? Any advice and tips are appreciated, thanks :)
0F241A0F-AE68-477A-A4A1-19067CE656E4.jpeg
6F7694F4-47FD-4B52-A056-58B33811EC4E.jpeg

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tips from getting them out of holes in live rock, mine just split overnight and I want to remove one.

OP
OP
S

Sean Duggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve talked to several Reefers and these are the tips I’ve gotten. If the rock is easily removable remove it and hold anemone above the tank with tentacles in water it should detach. You can also remove rock and chip/break it to get it out. The method I used was once the anemone split they’re moving because they have to rip themselves in half. One of the feet was no longer wedged in the rock but on the surface. I was able to use my nail and gently get under the foot. Once the foot was slightly lifted I just continued to massage and gently irritate it until it released. This only works though if you have easy access to the foot. Also know if you change your flow up they might move too and you can grab them while moving. Hope this helped!:)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back