OP
OP
Scolyosis

Scolyosis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not out of the woods yet but I am seeing some good progress.

Since I last posted the nem detached from the wall and fell to the bottom under all of my live rock, no way it was getting out. I ended up ripping my tank apart and moving him by blowing it w a turkey baster. Finally got it to a good spot out of flow and lower from the light. I surrounded it with some smaller rocks I had in the tank and it looked beyond dead, I would spray it with a turkey baster and the mouth would flop open like a plastic bag. The next morning it was 4 times the size but still looked awful.
I turned down my lights even further and its looking better everyday. Today the nem opened up around mid-day and spread way out but the tentacle still look really short. I tried feeding a very small piece of shrimp and it wasn't the least bit interested, it stayed open and out in front.

I think the light intensity really harmed the nem at first and acclimating with very low light would have helped a lot in the beginning. I am also finding that the small puffs of the turkey baster once and awhile helps the nem clear its mouth and it responds very well when its looking sluggish

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 48 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back