Anemone straight up not having a good time

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scolyosis
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Not out of the woods yet but I am seeing some good progress.

Since I last posted the nem detached from the wall and fell to the bottom under all of my live rock, no way it was getting out. I ended up ripping my tank apart and moving him by blowing it w a turkey baster. Finally got it to a good spot out of flow and lower from the light. I surrounded it with some smaller rocks I had in the tank and it looked beyond dead, I would spray it with a turkey baster and the mouth would flop open like a plastic bag. The next morning it was 4 times the size but still looked awful.
I turned down my lights even further and its looking better everyday. Today the nem opened up around mid-day and spread way out but the tentacle still look really short. I tried feeding a very small piece of shrimp and it wasn't the least bit interested, it stayed open and out in front.

I think the light intensity really harmed the nem at first and acclimating with very low light would have helped a lot in the beginning. I am also finding that the small puffs of the turkey baster once and awhile helps the nem clear its mouth and it responds very well when its looking sluggish
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new