Anemone stuck to hand

SirDukelll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i was blowing sand off my anemone with a turkey baster and his tentacles stuck to my hand. After about 2 minutes i finally got him off but he closed up. Will he open up and be fine? I was gentle with him and did not pull my hand out hard. I did it slowly and steadily. Kinda worried about it though.

35D71A2C-A594-4E4C-93AC-AD12324133A5.jpeg

OP
OP
SirDukelll

SirDukelll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw when i say he was stuck to my hand, i mean he was attached with most of his tentacles and his foot came out of the sand.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can gently place back in a hole in the sand, it will be fine. If not, give it a bit and it will bury its foot on its own. Smart move on gently easing away from it.

Btw, I have this happen from time time with gigs and haddoni. Have also had it happen with LTA, like yours, and no issues.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw when i say he was stuck to my hand, i mean he was attached with most of his tentacles and his foot came out of the sand.
Thanks for clearing that up.... I was trying to picture the foot stuck to your hand and all of the tentacles reaching out like an octopus....
Leave him be and keep an eye on him. He'll probably be fine. Did he sting you?

OP
OP
SirDukelll

SirDukelll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for clearing that up.... I was trying to picture the foot stuck to your hand and all of the tentacles reaching out like an octopus....
Leave him be and keep an eye on him. He'll probably be fine. Did he sting you?
No he did not. But the mouth came out a little bit but its normal now. He is moving to find a new place now and is opening up more.

OP
OP
SirDukelll

SirDukelll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can gently place back in a hole in the sand, it will be fine. If not, give it a bit and it will bury its foot on its own. Smart move on gently easing away from it.

Btw, I have this happen from time time with gigs and haddoni. Have also had it happen with LTA, like yours, and no issues.
Glad to hear. He is opening up more and seems fine, still closed up mostly but these LTA can be a pain lol.

OP
OP
SirDukelll

SirDukelll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No he did not sting me, he is improving so im not as worried about him either.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12 inch carpet wrap around my hand yrs ago. Hand was was numb for several days, Just be careful.
23” ritteri feels the same .
I had a blister rash from my wrist to my armpit

he was on the front glass and every time I grabbed the algae clip I touched it .

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I stupidly thought to myself "I am just moving them a little, I do not need gloves". My hadonnis thought that was funny. Rash for over a week and lots of itching. At least not as bad as my fire worm incident.
Should make full recovery. Good luck!

Taylor t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nem looks like it should plant itself if your tank is stable. Avoid touching with bare skin if possible. LTA isn’t strong like carpets.

I had a gig carpet attach to my arm for 30 min years ago. I felt like I had the flu for a couple months. I will never do that again. Massive poison come from these things. I’m used to chemicals lol. My immune system is strong. I’ve endured a lot. Carpets have a big punch. LTA should be much less, my experience. If you’re sensitive, you may have tough reactions.
That guy doesn’t look like a torn foot and hope it plants. Torn foot is another ballgame. Your nem looks pretty good at this stage.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 42.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back