Anemone stuck!!

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm rescaping my new reef tank and tried to move my bt anemone. I manage to get it off the rock using the power head into a box used to acclimate to my other tank. However it stuck onto the acclimation box and don't know how to get it off. It's been 12hr and I have a piece of acrylic with a powerhead hoping it would climb onto the acrylic.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try to get him to move with cold water. Take some rodi water and put it in a clean bottle and put it in the freezer. Leave it there for a few hours to get cold. Then take it out and put it near the nem, the cold given off by the bottle may make him want to move

OP
OP
alexytman

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try to get him to move with cold water. Take some rodi water and put it in a clean bottle and put it in the freezer. Leave it there for a few hours to get cold. Then take it out and put it near the nem, the cold given off by the bottle may make him want to move
Would those reusable completely sealed ice work? Cuz I have a few of them (note that the coolant is not toxic, it's just water)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would those reusable completely sealed ice work? Cuz I have a few of them (note that the coolant is not toxic, it's just water)
I'd put it in a ziplock baggie just to be safe, but should work :)

OP
OP
alexytman

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd put it in a ziplock baggie just to be safe, but should work :)
I've started the ice thing, just while I'm at it, do you have any tips on feeding anemones with clownfish hosting it. They always bite it then leaves it to the side. Preventing the anemone from eating it

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've started the ice thing, just while I'm at it, do you have any tips on feeding anemones with clownfish hosting it. They always bite it then leaves it to the side. Preventing the anemone from eating it
If your lighting is sufficient, you dont really need to feed them :) I've never fed mine ;) the clowns will feed it pieces of their food and the nem will photosynthesize.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I managed to unstick an anemone’s foot from rock work using a turkey baster. It worked a treat.

I just kept sucking in water from the tank and blasting it near the foot with the water and it started to release after a minute or so until I could grab it and take it back t0 the LFS (it was stinging my corals as it went wandering!)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back