Anemone vs power head

Srt8killer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can down stairs this morning and found that one of my green bubble tips was stuck in my power head. This has happened once before work my other bubble tip but not too this extent. I'm wondering what you guys think?
IMG_20190516_085127281.jpeg
IMG_20190516_085119887.jpeg
IMG_20190516_085059961.jpeg

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a quarantine tank I'd place him in that and let it heal. I had similar just this past week. One of my nems split into three and the smallest when healed headed straight for overflow. Tank was cloudy, and I went looking for it. Pulled it out of overflow only to find it in powerhead next day. (and it looked alot worse than yours) Moved it quarantine tank and attached is pic of it today. He's been named Kamikazee (for obvious reasons)

Kami.JPG

OP
OP
Srt8killer

Srt8killer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a quarantine tank I'd place him in that and let it heal. I had similar just this past week. One of my nems split into three and the smallest when healed headed straight for overflow. Tank was cloudy, and I went looking for it. Pulled it out of overflow only to find it in powerhead next day. (and it looked alot worse than yours) Moved it quarantine tank and attached is pic of it today. He's been named Kamikazee (for obvious reasons)

Kami.JPG
Yeah me water was clear. I was just a little worried. Do you have any suggestions on how to keep them out of the power heads?

dbjonesjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had two get in my pumps in the last couple of months. I scrapped the first one but figured I'd give the second a try. I should've kept the first as well. The second is doing great a month later and looks better with a haircut! It did take about two weeks for him to really look better.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use a foam or nylon cover . With an old pair of nylons you can even cover the outflow of the powerhead. Both will reduce the flow .

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back